Exfoliator is an amazing product that quickly cleanses the skin, removing dead cells from it, making it even, smooth and soft. However, it requires proper use and careful selection for your skin type. If the exfoliator is not chosen correctly, the feeling of dryness, irritation and redness can spoil the mood and appearance of the skin for a long time.
In this article, I will tell you about the best Korean exfoliators for all skin types, and at the end of the article, I will tell you how to choose the best exfoliant for yourself and how to use it correctly.
Here are the best Korean exfoliators for all skin types 2021:
- Dr. G Brightening Peeling Gel
- Some By Mi AHA, BHA, PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner
- Cosrx One Step Moisture Up Pad
- Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Cosrx One Step Original Clear Pad
- Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
- Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine
- Dear Klairs Youthful Glow Sugar Mask
- Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash-Off
Skin Exfoliation Guide
1. Dr. G Brightening Peeling Gel
Best Korean exfoliator for any skin type
There is a reason why this peeling gel is a superstar product in Korea and beyond: Seeing dead skin cells roll right off your skin is so satisfying!
Dr. G Brightening Peeling Gel will make the skin brighter and smoother in minutes.
The hypoallergenic composition with natural cellulose gently removes dead skin cells. Vitamin C and black willow leave skin clear and visibly brighter skin tone. Moisturizing ingredients such as honey and trehalose nourish the skin.
Due to the fact that this peeling is gommage and doesn’t contain abrasive particles, it is suitable for all skin types.
- Removes up to 67% of dead skin cells in one application.
- Trehalose moisturizes the skin.
- Vitamin C and black willow brighten skin, remove age spots and post-acne.
- FREE of Alcohol, Parabens, Silicones, Colorants and Mineral Oil.
- Volume 120g.
- Contains PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Surfactant, which acts as an emulsifier.
2. Some By Mi AHA, BHA, PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner
Best Korean exfoliating toner for oily skin
If you’re looking for a chemical exfoliator you can easily incorporate into your skin care routine, this cult-favorite toner from Some By Mi is a great choice.
High quality toner Some By Mi AHA. BHA. PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner will help to cope with skin imperfections and restore a healthy look. The toner gently and delicately exfoliates the stratum corneum, improves complexion, fights acne and inflammation, cleanses and tightens pores, moisturizes, and has a soothing effect.
The active effective formula of the product normalizes the secretion of sebum, brightens post-acne, soothes irritations, and eliminates flaking, and evens out the skin microrelief.
The toner provides optimal moisturizing effect, prevents both the feeling of tightness and excessive oily sheen. The active substances of the product have anti-inflammatory and emollient effects, stimulate the process of cell regeneration, fight various rashes, and give the skin a healthy glow.
- AHA acids exfoliate dead skin cells.
- BHA acids dissolve comedones.
- PHA acids prevent moisture loss.
- FREE of alcohol, dyes, fragrances, mineral oil, parabens, and silicones.
- You can choose from 100 / 150ml.
- No cons found.
Here you can purchase Some By Mi AHA, BHA, PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner Mini 100ml.
3. Cosrx One Step Moisture Up Pad
Best exfoliator for dry skin
Moisturizing pads for sensitive skin COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad is designed for gentle yet effective skin cleansing, deep hydration and gentle exfoliation.
Pads exfoliate dead skin cells, even out skin tone and structure, soothe and visibly improve complexion. Thanks to hyaluronic acid and propolis extract, the pads soften and moisturize dry skin, eliminate flaking and heal wounds.
Cosrx One Step Moisture Up Pad is specially designed for dry and sensitive skin that needs gentle exfoliation and deep hydration. The pads are great for daily use.
- Contains 79.14% propolis extract.
- Salicylic acid 0.50%.
- Hyaluronic acid and allantoin moisturize the skin and eliminate the feeling of dryness.
- Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist tested, Cruelty-FREE.
- FREE of Alcohol, Parabens, Silicones, Sulfates, Phthalates, Surfactants and Colorants.
- The package contains 70 pads.
- May be a little sticky.
4. Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
Light exfoliator for beginners
This exfoliating and moisturizing facial toner from Cosrx is a good choice. It will help to get rid of dry skin, prevents the appearance of wrinkles, acne spots and age spots.
AHA / BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner will help you to clear your skin of sebaceous plugs, making it soft and radiant. Toner enriched with mineral water and vitamins to eliminate dry and dull skin and even out complexion.
Regular use of the toner will help get rid of peeling, smoothen the skin’s surface and tighten pores.
- Contains 10% willow bark water.
- Contains 10% apple fruit water.
- Hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, vegan.
- Cruelty-FREE, Parabens FREE, Sulfates FREE, Phthalates FREE, Alcohol FREE.
- Volume – 150ml.
- Gentle acidic toner for beginners.
5. Cosrx One Step Original Clear Pad
Pads for gentle exfoliation of oily acne-prone skin
Sponges with BHA and hyaluronic acid will be great helpers in your daily skin care. Each pad is a combination of cotton wool and fabric saturated with two different products. The embossed side contains essence with BHA acids, while the smooth side is saturated with hyaluronic acid. Thus, one procedure can combine deep peeling and good skin hydration.
The natural BHA ingredient is willow bark water to maximize exfoliating and clearing benefits without irritation. Willow bark extract removes dead cells, normalizes blood supply, speeds up metabolism and tones the skin.
Regular use of Cosrx One Step Original Clear Pad helps eliminate oily and greasy shine, tightens pores, and evens out the skin’s surface. It also gives the skin a smooth and natural glow.
- Contains 85.92% white willow bark hydrolat.
- Contains hyaluronic acid and tea tree oil.
- Hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested.
- Cruelty-FREE, Parabens FREE, Alcohol FREE, Silicone FREE.
- For oily skin can be used 2 times a day for dry 1 time.
- There are 70 peeling pads in the package.
- Contains PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Surfactant which acts as an emulsifier.
6. Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
Runner up exfoliating toner
Toner from Benton with aloe extract and BHA acid will be an excellent assistant in the fight against imperfections of oily and problem skin.
Thanks to its high aloe content, the toner intensely moisturizes the skin and soothes irritations. Salicylic acid normalizes the sebaceous glands, exfoliates, and renews the skin, relieves inflammation, irritation, and redness.
Snail mucin in the Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner accelerates skin regeneration, nourishes, and softens the skin, evens out the complexion, eliminates inflammation and flaking.
- Contains 80% Barbados Aloe leaf extract.
- Snail mucin regenerates the skin, relieves inflammation, and has an anti-aging effect.
- BHA 0.5%.
- pH 6.
- Increases the penetration efficiency of subsequent funds by 37%.
- Dermatologically tested.
- FREE of Alcohol, Parabens, Silicones, Mineral Oil, Benzophenone, Steroids, Surfactants, Artificial Flavors and Colors.
- Volume 200ml.
- No cons found.
Here you can purchase a sampler Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner Mini 30ml.
7. Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine
Best exfoliator for mature skin
Peeling pads with red wine extract Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine are designed for professional exfoliation, even skin tone and fight the first signs of aging.
Patented hypoallergenic cotton gauze pads gently exfoliate dead skin cells, excess sebum and impurities while providing the skin with beneficial ingredients.
Red wine extract, has a noticeable anti-inflammatory, tonic and rejuvenating effect.
When used regularly, Neogen peeling pads will leave your skin smoother, brighter, firmer and healthier.
- Contains wine extract.
- Grape hydrolat 5%.
- Contains hyaluronic acid to moisturize the skin.
- AHA acids are a mixture of tartaric, lactic and glycolic acids.
- FREE of Parabens, Silicones and Mineral Oil.
- Only 30 pads in the package.
- Contains alcohol.
- Contains dyes and fragrances, so it isn’t suitable for sensitive skin.
- Contains PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Surfactant, which acts as an emulsifier.
8. Dear Klairs Youthful Glow Sugar Mask
Korean exfoliator with best composition
The Dear Klairs Youthful Glow Sugar Mask gently exfoliates the skin, cleanses, heals micro damages, nourishes and soothes. It has a softening effect, evens skin tone, reduces wrinkles and removes oily shine.
A scrub mask with sugar particles effectively moisturizes the skin, saturates it with vitamins, regenerates, relieves irritation and improves skin tone.
Key ingredients include moisturizing shea butter and jojoba seed oil, along with grapefruit extract and raspberry seed oil, which are both hydrating, anti-inflammatory and high in antioxidants. It also contains detoxifying kaolin clay and soothing calamine, which also gives the scrub its pale pink color!
- pH 7.
- Contains grapefruit extract.
- Contains Shea, Jojoba and Raspberry Butter to moisturize skin.
- Kaolin has a beneficial effect on oily and problem skin.
- Vegan, Cruelty-FREE.
- FREE of Parabens, Pigment, Artificial Fragrance, Animal Ingredients, and Silicone.
- Volume 110g.
- Contains PEG-100 Stearate surfactant, which acts as an emulsifier.
- Due to sugar particles, it is not suitable for sensitive skin.
Warning: Be sure to apply this scrub to a cleansed, damp face, only then the exfoliation will be gentle and soft.
9. Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash-Off
Best Korean wash-off mask
Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Face Mask is a physical exfoliator that contains the mineral-rich organic black sugar. This sugar scrubs exfoliate the skin gently and keep it hydrated and nourished. This scrub is also enriched with strawberry seeds and strawberry seed oil that soften your skin and make it glow.
Strawberry mask by Skinfood effectively cleanses and renews the skin, exfoliates, evens out skin tone and texture. Strawberry extract in the mask contains vitamin C and AHA-acids, due to which it regulates the work of the sebaceous glands, helps to reduce pores.
Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash-Off Face Mask should be applied to a damp face, massaged a little and left for 10-15 minutes, and then rinsed with warm water.
- Contains strawberry extract.
- Contains Shea, Macadamia and Meadowfoam butters for skin hydration.
- FREE of Alcohol, Parabens, Silicones, Mineral Oil.
- Volume 100g.
- Due to the abrasive sugar particles, the mask isn’t suitable for sensitive skin.
- Contains PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate Surfactant, which acts as an emulsifier.
- Contains colorants and flavors.
Skin Exfoliation Guide
Benefits Of Skin Exfoliation
- Effectively removes dead skin cells
- Removes peeling
- Unclogs pores
- Increased efficiency of skin care products
- Immediately makes the skin smooth and silky
- Evens out skin tone
- Restores radiance to the skin
- Prevents the appearance of imperfections
How Often Do I Need To Exfoliate My Face?
It is best to exfoliate the skin 1-2 times a week. But it depends, firstly, on your skin type, and secondly, on the exfoliation method that you have chosen.
For oily skin 2 times a week, for dry, sensitive and combination skin 1 time.
But about the use of acid toners and pads, the manufacturer writes that you first need to let the skin get used to them, using them 2-3 times a week. And then you can use it every day.
But don’t try to use abrasive scrubs or gommage peels every day – you will just get irritated skin that will be very sensitive. They need to be used 1-2 times a week.
Warning: Under no circumstances should a body scrub be used as a face scrub! The abrasive particles of the body scrub can severely injure the skin of the face or cause an allergic reaction.
There are two main types of exfoliation – mechanical and chemical.
Exfoliating scrub – This can be applied directly to the skin using a gentle, circular motion. You can wash your skin with warm water after applying the scrub.
Peeling gel – As a rule it is gommage peel, which literally rolling off dead skin cells.
Exfoliating brush – This is usually a bristle brush used on the face or body to remove layers of dead skin cells. Some are designed for dry brushing. Others can be used with your facial cleanser or body wash.
Exfoliation konjac sponge – These are a gentler way to exfoliate skin. This gentle cleansing exfoliator made from the konjac root. The konjac sponge works to gently exfoliate your skin, sloughing away dead skin cells, giving skin a smooth, glowy complexion.
AHA acids or alpha hydroxy acids are sometimes also referred to as fruit acids – in small doses they are found in many fruits and plants (except for dairy and glycolic ingredients).
AHA acids are of different types – glycolic acid, lactic, malic, citric, tartaric, mandelic acid.
BHA is beta hydroxy acid, known to all as salicylic acid. Most often it is used for oily and problem skin, since it not only exfoliates well, but also heals inflammation.
PHA acids work in the same way as AHA, only even softer. PHA acids stimulate elastin and strengthen the protective functions of the skin – this will be especially useful for anti-aging care. These acids relieve flaking and dryness, moisturize and nourish the epidermis without causing photosensitivity.
Warning: Exfoliants with acids are not recommended for use in summer because acids increase the skin’s sensitivity to UV light. Well, if you decide to use, then remember about high SPF sunscreen.
How To Choose Exfoliator For Skin Type
Gentle gommage peels, acid toners and pads are suitable for any type of skin, but scrubs containing abrasive particles are suitable only for oily and normal skin.
Scrubs containing grains of sugar, apricot kernels or other large particles should not be used on dry, sensitive or problem skin. Exfoliating particles can damage it.
For dry, combination and sensitive skin, it is better to choose AHA acids because they have a mild effect on the epidermis. They also remove the stratum corneum, deeply moisturize, activate the work of collagen, eliminate wrinkles, inflammation and age spots.
For problem skin, it is best to use BHA acid, because it not only exfoliates dead skin cells, but also has an antiseptic effect and effectively fights inflammation.
Also for oily and problem skin, you can use products in which AHA and BHA acids are used together.
These were the best Korean exfoliator for all skin types 2021. I hope this article was helpful and you found exactly what you were looking for.
Love yourself and be beautiful!