In this article, I will tell you about the best Korean aloe vera gels that really worth your attention. Here you will find reviews of the best Korean aloe vera gels with a detailed breakdown of the composition, with all the pros and cons.
And at the end of the article I will give several recommendations on what you should pay attention to when choosing aloe gel.
Here are the best Korean aloe vera gels for glowing skin 2022:
- Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
- The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99%
- Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
- Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
- Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
- Etude House 99% Aloe Soothing Gel
- Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
1. Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
Best looking aloe vera gel
This is my first aloe vera gel. It was with it that my love for Korean cosmetics began, in particular for lines with aloe.
- Contains 99% Aloe Vera extract.
- Lotus extract has anti-aging properties, makes the skin more elastic, improves its elasticity. Soothes, moisturizes and retains moisture in the skin.
- Bamboo extract contains silicon, which restores the elasticity of the collagen fibers of the skin.
- Cucumber extract softens, moisturizes, soothes, relieves inflammation and regulates the sebaceous glands.
- Watermelon extract protects skin from harmful environmental factors, improves complexion.
- Centella Asiatica extract heals micro damages, has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects. Fights free radicals and weakens the effect of UV radiation.
- Smells very pleasant.
- It is quickly absorbed, doesn’t leave a sticky film.
- Beautiful original packaging in the form of aloe leaf.
- Free of parabens, silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, BHT, animal materials, colorants and alcohol.
- You can choose from 250ml. or 55ml.
- Contains PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, which are surfactants, but they act as emulsifiers (form an emulsion).
- Contains perfume, but it has amazing smell of cucumber.
- The dispenser sometimes dispenses too much gel. But for this you can pour the required amount of gel into a separate container.
- A little inconvenient packaging, it is difficult to squeeze the entire gel out of it.
Here you can purchase Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel 55ml.
This gel has a few downsides, but still remains my favorite to use on the face. With the help of it and a couple of other Korean products, I got rid of the breakouts and got beautiful, healthy, glowing skin.
Read more about this gel in the article best Holika Holika products.
2. The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99%
Best value for money
And this is my second favorite gel – I use it to moisturize my body. But this gel from The Saem will work for any of your goals and do just fine with the moisturizing task.
- Contains 99% Aloe Vera extract from the environmentally friendly Jeju Island.
- Purslane extract is a natural antioxidant, contains omega-3 fatty acids. Has a calming, anti-inflammatory and pan-healing effect.
- Basel extract cleanses and disinfects the skin, has a rejuvenating, tonic, and wound healing effect.
- Oregano extract cleanses the skin, helps get rid of acne and other inflammations. Has a regenerating and rejuvenating effect.
- Jojoba seed extract contains amino acids, lipids, vitamins A and E. Has a rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Avocado extract perfectly moisturizes dry skin, has a rejuvenating effect. Has a strong anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effect.
- It is perfectly absorbed without leaving a sticky film.
- Has a pleasant fresh scent.
- It can be purchased in a jar or tube.
- Doesn’t contain alcohol, parabens, silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, animal materials and colorants.
- Large volume – 300 ml.
- Contains perfume.
I really like this gel, I regularly use it in body care. The volume of the gel is just huge, it lasts for a long time.
3. Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Best-selling Korean aloe vera gel
This is probably the bestseller of all Korean aloe vera gels. And in Korea, there are about 2000 brands of cosmetics, so that says something.
- Contains 92% Aloe Vera extract.
- Calendula extract helps to cope with acne and rashes, soothes irritated and sensitive skin. Normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, heals micro damages and post-acne. Has an anti-inflammatory and brightening effect, fights age-related changes and tones the skin.
- Melissa extract cleanses the skin, helps fight breakouts and soothes. Also protects from ultraviolet radiation, evens out the complexion.
- Perfectly absorbed, leaves no sticky film.
- Smells good.
- Can be bought in a jar or tube.
- Free of parabens, silicones, perfume, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, animal materials and colorants.
- Volume – 300ml.
- Contains alcohol.
- Contains PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, which are surfactants, but they act as emulsifiers.
4. Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
- Contains 93% Aloe Vera extract from the environmentally friendly Jeju Island.
- Orange peel extract promotes cell regeneration, protects the skin from harmful environmental influences. Prevents the formation of free radicals, as well as stimulates collagen production. And restores the skin’s natural elasticity.
- Orchid extract has anti-aging properties, intensively softens and moisturizes the skin, relieves inflammation. Is rich in fruit acids, B vitamins, as well as calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
- Green tea extract relieves inflammation, redness, removes excess skin oiliness, makes the skin color beautiful and healthy.
- Camellia extract contains collagen, antioxidants, various beneficial acids and vitamins A, B and E.
- Palm cactus extract moisturizes, soothes and restores.
- It is quickly absorbed without leaving a sticky film, practically doesn’t smell.
- Free of colorant, mineral oil, artificial fragrances, animal ingredients and imidazolidinyl urea.
- Volume 300ml.
- Contains flavoring.
5. Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
Best Korean aloe vera gel for oily prone acne skin
- Contains 80% Aloe extract.
- Contains 10% propolis extract, which significantly enhances the regenerating ability of the skin, reduces itching. Fights flaking, dryness, promotes healing of small wounds and even burns, nourishes and softens the skin.
- Chamomile extract has a strong bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and sedative effect. And also stimulates blood circulation. Helps accelerate the healing of wounds, inflammation and acne.
- Cucumber extract moisturizes the skin well, regulates the production of excess fat, softens, cleanses pores, eliminates acne and redness.
- Purslane extract has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and soothing effect.
- Has a gel structure and is quickly absorbed.
- Doesn’t contain 20 harmful ingredients: mineral oil, benzophenone, silicones, parabens, alcohol, dyes, fragrance.
- You can choose from 100ml. and 50ml.
- Volume – 100ml.
- Remains slightly sticky on the skin.
- Lowest percentage of aloe extract from gels on my list.
Here you can purchase Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel Mini 30ml.
6. Etude House 99% Aloe Soothing Gel
Best Korean aloe vera gel for dry skin
- Contains 93% of Aloe Vera extract (I don’t know why 99% in the name, 93% is written in the composition).
- Ceramide NP restores the lipid barrier, regenerates the skin, prevents moisture loss, and has an anti-aging effect.
- Tremella Mushroom extract retains moisture in the skin even several times better than hyaluronic acid. Contains amino acids, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates – incredible nutritional value for the skin. Protects against harmful environmental factors, has an anti-aging effect, ideal for sensitive and dry skin.
- Hyaluronic acid effectively moisturizes the skin and has an anti-aging effect. Regenerates the skin, helps to get rid of post-acne, protects against ultraviolet radiation, and helps fight inflammation.
- Volume – 250ml.
- Contains flavoring.
7. Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
A sensational Chok Chok from Tony Moly
- Contains 99% Aloe Vera extract.
- Camellia extract (tea tree) is powerful antioxidant, cleanses the skin, removes inflammation, fights acne and rashes. Also removes inflammation, relieves redness, normalizes the sebaceous glands.
- Rosewood oil has a rejuvenating effect, heals acne, eczema and other skin diseases, relieves allergic reactions. Has bactericidal, soothing and wound healing properties.
- Lemon oil has a bactericidal and antiseptic effect, helps to cope with oily skin and rashes.
- Perfectly absorbed, leaves no stickiness.
- Nice smell, no perfume.
- Volume – 250ml.
- Contains alcohol.
- Contains PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil surfactant, which is an emulsifier.
How to Choose Aloe Vera Gel
- The highest percentage of aloe vera gel (should be 90% or more)
- Aloe vera gel directly from the aloe leaf
- It should be organic pure aloe vera gel
- The lowest amount of added ingredients
- If any ingredients are added, they must be natural and in their properties complement the effect of aloe (moisturize, smooth wrinkles, soften the skin …)
What Are The Pros Of Using Aloe Vera Gel
In my opinion, the biggest benefit of aloe vera gel is that it is ideal for all skin types. Because it solves each problem individually.
Aloe gel will soothe sensitive skin and make it less irritating. Dry skin it will provide hydration, relieve the feeling of tightness and flaking. Oily skin it will help to cope with inflammation and rashes, and will also regulate the work of the sebaceous glands.
Also, the advantage of aloe vera gel is that it can be used to solve various beauty problems. Not only for moisturizing the skin, but also as an after-shave soothing agent and in hair masks and for treating sun burns and much more.
If you are wondering what else you can use it for, then read the article on the best ways to use aloe vera gel. There I also shared my personal experience and told for which cases it is better to use the gel, and in which pure aloe vera juice.
How Aloe Vera Gels Differ From Each Other
First, aloe gels differ from each other in the amount of aloe extract or juice in the composition.
Never believe if the packaging says 100% aloe gel. Because how do you think it will be stored – if there is nothing in it except aloe, then it will spoiled in two weeks.
Such an inscription 100% aloe vera gel most likely means that the amount of aloe extract contained in the composition is obtained from 100% aloe.
Secondly, aloe gels differ in the ingredients that are included in the composition, namely, different extracts that enhance the action of aloe. And for each specific gel, this is its own unique set.
Therefore, it is important to read the composition carefully especially if you have sensitive skin and you know that it may react badly to something.
Surfactants In Aloe Vera Gels – Is It So Bad?
The surfactants that make up these aloe gels play exclusively the role of an emulsifier – they make the gel thick. Without them, you would get aloe vera gel in the form of liquid water.
But if you have sensitive skin and you are worried that it will react badly to these surfactants, then do this …
First, never apply a just purchased, previously unused product directly to your face. First, do an allergy test on the inside of the bend of the elbow 24 hours before using the product. To do this, simply take a small amount of the product and apply it to the inner side of the elbow and put a patch on top (so that the gel doesn’t smudge during the day).
And this applies not only to aloe vera gels, but also to any other skin care product.
Aloe vera gel will become your irreplaceable assistant in skin care, as well as for solving all possible beauty problems. But, remember that aloe gel is not a panacea.
Yes, it can help you moisturize your skin, deal with breakouts, soothe your skin after shaving, and it’s ideal for the body moisturizing, especially for young skin but … But not as a main moisturizer for dry skin or main product for acne treatment.
Read the article on the best ways to use aloe vera gel – there I told in more detail what aloe vera gel is really capable of, and what you shouldn’t expect from it.
For me personally, aloe gel from Holika Holika has become my favorite. I use it as an additional moisturizer, applying it under a cream or emulsion. I use the Korean skin care method in which are as many as 10 steps. So I can easily replace one of skin care products, such as serum, with aloe gel. And this way it gives more than enough moisture for my skin.
And also I really like its fresh smell and cool feeling immediately after application. Especially after a hard workout or in the heat, it’s just amazing.
These were, in my opinion, the best Korean aloe vera gels 2022.
I hope this article was helpful and you found exactly what you were looking for.
I wish you good luck and patience in your quest for perfect skin.
Love yourself and be beautiful!