In this article, I will tell you about the best Korean aloe vera gels that really worth your attention. Here you will find reviews of the best Korean aloe vera gels with a detailed breakdown of the composition, with all the pros and cons.
And at the end of the article I will give several recommendations on what you should pay attention to when choosing aloe gel.
Here are the best Korean aloe vera gels for glowing skin review 2023:
- Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
- The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99%
- Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
- Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
- Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
- Skinfood Aloe Vera 93% Soothing Gel
- Aromatica Soothing Aloe Vera Gel
- Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
- Esfolio Moisture Soothing Gel Aloe Vera 100%
1. Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
Best Korean aloe vera gel overall
This is my first aloe vera gel. It was with it that began my love for Korean skin care products, in particular for products with aloe.
Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel contains 99% natural Aloe Vera juice. The gel has a watery structure, is instantly absorbed, doesn’t leave behind a greasy film or sticky feeling. Immediately after the first application, you will feel the result, the skin becomes soft, moisturized and velvety to the touch. The tool moisturizes and promotes cell renewal.
For now Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel still my favorite aloe gel, I buy it all the time. I love to use it like additional moisturizer for face or on my body like after shave.
- Contains 99% Aloe Vera extract.
- Contains Lotus, Bamboo, Cucumber, Watermelon and Centella Asiatica extract.
- It is quickly absorbed, doesn’t leave a sticky film.
- Smells very pleasant.
- Beautiful original packaging in the form of aloe leaf.
- FREE of parabens, silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, BHT, animal materials, colorants and alcohol.
- You can choose between 250ml. or 55ml.
- Contains PEG, Triethanolamine and perfume.
- The dispenser sometimes dispenses too much gel. But for this you can pour the required amount of gel into a separate container.
- A little bit inconvenient packaging, it is difficult to squeeze the entire gel out of it.
Here you can purchase Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel 55ml.
This gel has a few downsides, but still remains my favorite to use on the face. With the help of it and a couple of other Korean products, I got rid of the breakouts and got beautiful, healthy, glowing skin.
2. The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99%
Best Korean aloe vera gel for hair
And this is my second favorite gel – I use it to moisturize my body. But this gel from The Saem will work for any of your goals and do just fine with the moisturizing task.
Universal aloe gel for face and body The Saem Jeju Fresh Aloe Soothing Gel 99% perfectly moisturizes and softens, soothes irritated, reddened, itchy skin, cools, creates a feeling of comfort.
The Saem Aloe Jeju Fresh Soothing Gel 99% contains additional vitamins A and E as well as Jojoba seed and Avocado extract, that besides moisturizing and anti-aging properties also stimulate hair growth. So this aloe gel from The Saem is the best for hair growth.
- Contains 99% Aloe Vera extract from Jeju Island.
- Contains Purslane, Basel, Oregano, Jojoba seed and Avocado extract.
- It is perfectly absorbed without leaving a sticky film.
- Has a pleasant fresh scent.
- It can be purchased in a jar or tube.
- FREE of alcohol, parabens, silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, animal materials and colorants.
- Large volume – 300 ml.
- Contains perfume.
I really like this gel, I regularly use it in body care. The volume of the gel is just huge, it lasts for a long time.
3. Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel
Best-selling Korean aloe vera gel
This is probably the bestseller of all Korean aloe vera gels. And in Korea, there are about 2000 brands of cosmetics, so that says something.
Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel saturates the skin with moisture, leveling its water balance, tones and gives a feeling of freshness. Gel softens the skin, making it silky and smooth. The gel has a light gel-like consistency.
The soothing properties of Aloe in Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel are enchanted with mint oil, which provides a pleasant cooling effect, eliminates irritation and redness, and also has an antibacterial effect. Melissa enhances the moisturizing properties of aloe, softening the skin and making it velvety.
- Contains 92% Aloe Vera extract.
- Contains Calendula and Melissa extract .
- Perfectly absorbed, leaves no sticky film.
- Smells good.
- Can be bought in a jar or tube.
- Free of parabens, silicones, perfume, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, animal materials and colorants.
- Volume 300ml.
- Contains alcohol and PEG.
4. Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel
Best Korean aloe vera gel for oily prone acne skin
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is the best for oily and acne prone skin, because it contains propolis extract, as well as Chamomile, Cucumber and Purslane extracts that have antibacterial, soothing and heeling properties.
With regular use of Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, the elasticity of the skin of the face increases and its water-fat balance, lightens acne scars, normalizes.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel has a gel texture that absorbs quickly without leaving a sticky feeling.
- Contains 80% Aloe extract.
- Contains 10% propolis extract.
- Contains Chamomile, Cucumber and Purslane extract.
- Has a gel structure and is quickly absorbed.
- Doesn’t contain 20 harmful ingredients: mineral oil, benzophenone, silicones, parabens, alcohol, dyes, fragrance.
- You can choose from 100ml. and 30ml.
- Volume – 100ml.
- Lowest percentage of aloe extract from gels on my list.
Here you can purchase Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel Mini 30ml.
5. Skinfood Aloe Vera 93% Soothing Gel
Best alcohol free Korean aloe vera gel
Skinfood Aloe Vera 93% Soothing Gel provides relief to fatigued dry skin all season long. This jumbo sized moisturizer can be used on the face and body. Perfect for all skin types!
- Contains 93% Aloe Vera leaf extract.
- Hamamelis Virginiana Extract and Achillea Millefolium Extract.
- Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan.
- FREE of parabens, silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, colorants and alcohol.
- Volume 300ml.
- Contains PEG and perfume.
6. Aromatica Soothing Aloe Vera Gel
Best fragrance free Korean aloe vera gel
Aromatica Soothing Aloe Vera Gel made with organic aloe, moisturizes and soothes irritated skin, has a slight cooling effect, relieves itching and redness, reduces inflammation and eliminates dryness.
What is perfect about Aromatica Soothing Aloe Vera – it doesn’t contain perfume. Actually Aromatica Soothing Aloe Vera contains only 8 ingredients, so it’s absolutely perfect for sensitive skin.
- Contains 96% organic Aloe Vera Leaf extract.
- Rosemary Leaf water.
- Contains only 8 ingredients.
- Convenient dispenser.
- Perfect for sensitive skin.
- FREE of fragrance, essential oils, alcohol, parabens, silicones, PEG, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, BHT, animal materials and colorants.
- Volume 300ml.
- No cons found.
7. Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
Best Korean aloe vera gel for sunburn
Universal moisturizing gel with aloe extract Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel actively moisturizes, enriches with useful vitamins and trace elements, heals and soothes. The gel deeply restores and heals, eliminates tightness, dryness and dehydration.
Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel is great for face and body skin care after sunbathing or salon beauty treatments. Gel instantly replenishes the lack of moisture in the skin, softens and tones.
- Contains 99% Aloe Vera extract.
- Contains Camellia extract, Rosewood oil and Lemon oil.
- Perfectly absorbed, leaves no stickiness.
- Nice smell, no perfume.
- FREE of fragrance, essential oils, silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, BHT, and colorants.
- Volume – 250ml.
- Contains alcohol and PEG.
8. Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel
Best Korean aloe vera gel for skin brightening
Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel contains 93% Aloe Vera extract from Jeju Island. The gel provides intensive hydration, tones, strengthens the skin barrier, restores freshness and brightness of the skin.
Madecassoside in Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel helps to restore the synthesis of collagen and elastin fibers.
Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel contains Orange Peel Extract, which has a high concentration of natural Vitamin C and other vitamins that have a whitening effect. So, Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel is better than other gels for skin whitening.
- Contains 93% Aloe Vera extract.
- Contains Orange peel, Orchid, Green tea, Camellia and Palm cactus extract.
- It is quickly absorbed without leaving a sticky film.
- FREE of alcohol, fragrance and essential oils, colorant, mineral oil, artificial fragrances, animal ingredients and imidazolidinyl urea.
- Volume 300ml.
- No cons found.
9. Esfolio Moisture Soothing Gel Aloe Vera 100%
Best Korean aloe vera gel for body
Esfolio Moisture Soothing Gel Aloe Vera 100% multifunctional moisturizing gel with aloe is a source of moisture, vitamins and powerful antioxidants.
Esfolio Moisture Soothing Gel Aloe Vera 100% relieves inflammation, redness, eliminates irritation and flaking, provides antibacterial, bactericidal, regenerating, softening effect.
- Aloe Vera Leaf extract.
- Hyaluronic acid, Glycerin.
- Green tea extract.
- FREE of silicones, benzophenone, mineral oil, propylene glycol, and colorants.
- Volume 300ml.
- Contains alcohol, PEG and perfume.
How To Choose Aloe Vera Gel?
- The highest percentage of aloe vera gel (should be 90% or more)
- Aloe vera gel directly from the aloe leaf
- It should be organic pure aloe vera gel
- The lowest amount of added ingredients
- If any ingredients are added, they must be natural and in their properties complement the effect of aloe (moisturize, smooth wrinkles, soften the skin …)
What Are The Pros Of Using Aloe Vera Gel?
In my opinion, the biggest benefit of aloe vera gel is that it is ideal for all skin types. Because it solves each problem individually.
Aloe gel will soothe sensitive skin and make it less irritating. Dry skin it will provide hydration, relieve the feeling of tightness and flaking. Oily skin it will help to cope with inflammation and rashes, and will also regulate the work of the sebaceous glands.
Also, the advantage of aloe vera gel is that it can be used to solve various beauty problems. Not only for moisturizing the skin, but also as an after-shave soothing agent and in hair masks and for treating sun burns and much more.
If you are wondering what else you can use it for, then read the article on the best ways to use aloe vera gel. There I also shared my personal experience and told for which cases it is better to use the gel, and in which pure aloe vera juice.
How Aloe Vera Gels Differ From Each Other?
First, aloe gels differ from each other in the amount of aloe extract or juice in the composition.
Never believe if the packaging says 100% aloe gel. Because how do you think it will be stored – if there is nothing in it except aloe, then it will spoiled in two weeks.
Such an inscription 100% aloe vera gel most likely means that the amount of aloe extract contained in the composition is obtained from 100% aloe.
Secondly, aloe gels differ in the ingredients that are included in the composition, namely, different extracts that enhance the action of aloe. And for each specific gel, this is its own unique set.
Therefore, it is important to read the composition carefully especially if you have sensitive skin and you know that it may react badly to something.
Surfactants In Aloe Vera Gels – Is It So Bad?
The surfactants that make up these aloe gels play exclusively the role of an emulsifier – they make the gel thick. Without them, you would get aloe vera gel in the form of liquid water.
But if you have sensitive skin and you are worried that it will react badly to these surfactants, then do this …
First, never apply a just purchased, previously unused product directly to your face. First, do an allergy test on the inside of the bend of the elbow 24 hours before using the product. To do this, simply take a small amount of the product and apply it to the inner side of the elbow and put a patch on top (so that the gel doesn’t smudge during the day).
And this applies not only to aloe vera gels, but also to any other skin care product.
Can I Use Aloe Vera Gel On My Face Every Day?
Aloe vera gel is great moisturizer. I would not recommend to completely replace your moisturizer with aloe gel, but you can safely use it as an additional moisturizer.
Aloe vera gel it is gentle enough for everyday use and won’t cause any irritation. Aloe vera gel also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help keep your skin healthy. I suggest you buy pure aloe vera gel with no added chemicals or fragrances, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Does Aloe Vera Lightens The Skin?
Yes, Aloe Vera can lighten the skin. It is often used in skincare routines for this purpose. The active ingredients in Aloe Vera are aloin and aloesin. These compounds inhibit melanin production, which leads to lighter skin.
But if you need something more powerful for skin brightening, I suggest you to pay attention to skin care products with vitamin C. My favorite moisturizer for this purpose is Laneige Radian C Cream, it’s really amazing, try it out.
What Ingredients Should Aloe Vera Gel Have?
Aloe Vera Gel is a popular natural remedy for sunburns and other skin irritations. However, not all Aloe Vera Gels are created equal – some have more ingredients than others.
Here are the top four ingredients that your Aloe Vera Gel should have:
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice – This is the main ingredient in any good Aloe Vera Gel product. It’s a natural extract from the Aloe Vera plant that is effective treatment.
- Glycerin – Glycerin is a humectant that helps lock in moisture. It is important because Aloe Vera Gel can dry if used without a moisturizer.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – This ingredient is derived from hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the human body. It’s known for its ability to hold 1000 times its weight in water, making it an excellent ingredient for retaining moisture in the skin.
- Allantoin – Is an anti-inflammatory agent that helps soothe and heal the skin. It’s often used to treat burns, cuts, and other skin irritations.
Can I Keep Aloe Vera Gel On The Face Overnight?
There’s a lot of debate on whether or not you should keep aloe vera gel on your face overnight. Some people say it’s fine, while others believe it can cause skin irritation.
I think it depends on your skin type. If you have dry skin, then using aloe vera gel as an overnight mask can help to hydrate and soothe your skin. However, if you have sensitive skin, you might want to avoid using it overnight since it could irritate you.
Aloe vera gel will become your irreplaceable assistant in skin care, as well as for solving all possible beauty problems. But, remember that aloe gel is not a panacea.
Yes, it can help you moisturize your skin, deal with breakouts, soothe your skin after shaving, and it’s ideal for the body moisturizing, especially for young skin but … But not as a main moisturizer for dry skin or main product for acne treatment.
Read the article on the best ways to use aloe vera gel – there I told in more detail what aloe vera gel is really capable of, and what you shouldn’t expect from it.
For me personally, aloe gel from Holika Holika has become my favorite. I use it as an additional moisturizer, applying it under a cream or emulsion. I use the Korean skin care method in which are as many as 10 steps. So I can easily replace one of skin care products, such as serum, with aloe gel. And this way it gives more than enough moisture for my skin.
And also I really like its fresh smell and cool feeling immediately after application. Especially after a hard workout or in the heat, it’s just amazing.
These were, the best Korean aloe vera gels 2023. I hope this article was helpful and you found exactly what you were looking for.
Love yourself and be beautiful!